Friday 4 March 2016

Welcome to The Eclectic Craft Room by Jane

For most of my life I have been a creative person, however, following my GCSE's I fell out of love with all things creative.  My time doing art at Secondary School forced me to be creative to a deadline and I hated this.  For many years after I attempted to get back into my art and only through the progress of 12 years have a worked my way back to being creative.

Now this process properly started when I  was working at a local shop 'Just Trading', and situated within the shop was 'Wool and Willow' (sadly has since ceased trading).  While working there I would watch people knit almost all day and this sparked by inspiration to learn something new.  From this point onwards I taught myself many different crafts and picked up old crafts that I had tried as a child and enjoyed.   So my progression back into creativity had began.


From Knitting, I moved on to crochet.  Learned how to make socks.  I knitted a jumper dress for my niece for her birthday (unfortunately I do not have any photos of this).  From here I picked up cross stitch again which I had loved as a child.  I started turning odd cross stitches into cards for friends and family.

 
Making Christmas hampers for family full of homemade produce.  Then I started playing with card making equipment to enhance these skills and ended up producing all my grandmothers 90th birthday invitations and all my wedding invites.  Last year I also started back on my adventures to creating my own clothes after receiving a sewing machine from my grandmother for Christmas.  Finally this past year I have been able to pick up pencil and paper again and start drawing for a set design at my local theatre and my true love for creativity returned.


My interest in being creative always varies dependant on what I feel like and I love to combine different elements of crafting together if I can.  This diversity this is therefore the origin of my name 'The Eclectic Craft Room'. 

My decision to walk along this path has come about following a year of illness last year making it difficult to work.  So I took the decision to plunge into all my crafts and make them available for sale.  My aim is to set up a storenvy or an Etsy store for people to access my products online and to hopefully attend a few craft fairs this year to take the step out there. However, first I want to document my creative process and hope to blog as much as I can.  I therefore wish to welcome you to my new blog 'The Eclectic Craft Room' and I hope you enjoy following my creative adventures and that I may inspire you to have a go yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment